Writing a book is a multi-year journey of faith.
Faith that others will see the problem driving you to write your book. For me, that problem continues to be the:
- Disappearance, over the past two decades, of the clocks and walls that used to tell us where work ended and the other parts of our life began, and
- Lack of understanding how to use the increased flexibility in how, when and where we work to be our best.
Faith that your solution will be understood and have impact. In this radically new reality, knowing how to manage the way work fits into life, day-to-day, is a modern skill set we all need to succeed, but few of us have.
With TWEAK IT: Make What Matters to You Happen Every Day, my goal was to give everyone a simple, commonsense practice that would help them deliberately and intentionally:
- Harness the power of small actions at work, in their career and in their personal lives,
- Use the increased flexibility in how, when and where we work, and
- Build a foundation of well-being, order and performance, on and off the job.
Finally, faith that the problem and solution you’ve spend years articulating will help even one person. Thankfully, six months after the release of TWEAK IT, the book and community, it looks like my faith has paid off!
From the readers who reach out directly, to the individuals who approach me after a speech and the media that cover the book, the response has been overwhelmingly positive!
And the TWEAK IT journey has only just begun.
Please join me on TUESDAY, JUNE 18th at 1:00 pm EST for a FREE webinar “TWEAK IT: Harness the Power of Small Changes for Work-Life Harmony” sponsored by my good friends at Citrix! You will learn:
- What changed over the past two decades to make knowing how to manage your work+life fit day-to-day a modern skill we all need to succeed,
- Why success is not just about good time management–or “what” you’ll do “when”–but also, “how” and “where” you make what matters happen each week and
- How to begin to make the TWEAK IT practice part of your weekly routine.
I hope to see you on the webinar next Tuesday!
What small meaningful action do you want to make part of your work+life fit this week?
If you haven’t already, I invite you to connect with me on Twitter @caliyost and to “like” our Facebook page.