On Tuesday, August 14th, I was a guest on the CBS Radio Career Coach Caroline Show. During the show, Coach Caroline and I talked about the common work+life “fit” questions that many people have (for a list of the questions covered, see below). Here is a link to the podcast: http://bit.ly/Pa8JZh.
- Why is there no work-balance? How do we handle the different levels of comfort with technology and work flexibility in the workplace?
- When you want to work more flexibly, why is it important to focus on “how” the work will get done and not on “why” you want more flexibility?
- Why is piloting work flexibility for a period of time such a powerful option?
- What is the risk of disconnecting from the workforce for long periods of time? How can you avoid that?
- Why is it so important for men to participate in the work-life discussion?
- Do you think young women hold themselves in their careers because of pre-mature concerns about how they will manage their work and life in the future? What could they do differently?