I want to thank my friend, Aparna Mehrotra, the Focal Point for Women at The United Nations for asking me to share my thoughts on a wide range of flexibility and work+life fit related topics in the most recent issue of the UN Women’s Newsletter. In her role at the UN, Aparna is committed to advancing the strategic application of flexibility both within the organization and beyond.
Here are some of the questions that I answer in the interview:
- What are the three principal achievements we’ve accomplished and the three principal challenges we face in our work?
- What is work+life “fit,” and how have I applied it in my own life?
- What are some of the main issues facing working women in leadership positions in the private sector?
- What are the characteristics of the emerging workforce that make flexibility essential?
- How do you combat ongoing skepticism about the benefits of flexibility to an organization?
- Recognizing that policies alone have limited impact, how do you improve implementation of flexibility?
Are there other questions that you wish I’d discussed about work+life fit and how to make flexibility real and more strategic? Let me know either in the comments or in our NEW “Make Flexibility Real” LinkedIn group.